Directly OnDemand for Expedia Group
Answer customer questions at a fraction of the cost and with local, feet-on-the-street experience of the travel location
When powering global travel for everyone and everywhere, you need around-the-clock support to make sure planning, booking, and managing each trip is a breeze. Travel volumes are consistently growing as people look to reconnect and discover new places post-pandemic. As per Expedia’s travel trend report, 2023 is the year of the no-normal – travelers will ditch the conventional and veer off course for all-new experiences. It is bound to increase the load on your customer support ecosystem. And with the upcoming economic uncertainty, it may be tough for CX leaders to scale their customer support due to cost constraints.
Directly OnDemand is your right partner
With the rise of the gig economy, Expedia can take advantage of skilled on-demand customer support experts to provide support to travelers at scale – at a fraction of the cost of what you’re paying BPOs.
Tap into our network of thousands of experienced, on-demand experts to provide your travelers with superior support 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year, no matter which time zone they’re in.
Will on-demand experts cost you more than BPOs? Think again. Our network of knowledgeable experts works on a pay-for-performance basis – meaning they only get paid for questions they resolve.
Benefits of Expedia
Client – A leading online marketplace for vacation rentals, homestays, and experiences Objective – Scalability with cost reductionCustomer needs
- To quickly and effectively manage a large backlog of support tickets while continuing to handle incoming requests
- To leverage digital solutions for better and faster support experiences
- Sourced top app users to provide peer-based support in a gig model
- Flexed by 10x to handle the massive surge in volume at the outset of the Covid 19 Pandemic
- Evolved from email-based support to AI-based chat support
- Chatbot developed with the client to ensure consistency, feel, and experience as the main website
Business outcomes delivered
of digital support volume resolved by peer experts
in quality across all 20+ BPO sites
How we compare to traditional BPOs
BPO partners are dependable and provide great value, but there could be weaknesses that make them expensive and inflexible. During periods of low volume, agents are idle. During seasonal peaks or major campaigns, customer wait times increase.
Directly OnDemand mitigates all these challenges. It blends gig peer experts for limitless flexibility, full-time support agents for resilience, and world-class AI/automation solutions for seamless support. In addition, Directly OnDemand can deliver the below-mentioned competitive advantages to Expedia that traditional BPOs might fail to deliver:
- Takes less than one week to onboard peer experts
- Scales by 4X without additional effort
- Offers outcome-based model
- Take almost three months to train agents
- Inflexible due to operational constraints
- Fixed hourly rate
Read about the latest industry trends, technology breakthroughs, views of thought leaders and our perspectives to improve your business outcomes.