Accelerating and Scaling Salesforce Testing For a Leading D2C Consumer Beauty Brand with Global E-commerce
About the Client
The client is a leading beauty and cosmetics manufacturing and direct-to-consumer brand with a global e-commerce-based operations. It is a 60-year-old brand with millions of customers across the globe. It uses digital channels like its website and mobile application to engage with customers across the customer life cycle from exploring to buying its products.
The Client Challenge
The client leverages the Salesforce engagement platform and its applications suite for customer relationship management across 35+ markets. They were using traditional & legacy software testing methods which resulted in slow time to market and considerable costs. Continued dependence on significant manual regression testing distracted them from their core responsibilities and delayed project releases.
They needed to transform their Salesforce application testing process, culture, and tools and establish automated continuous agile testing processes. They were looking for a strategic consultative partner that could help them set it up and help them achieve the following:
- Improve turnaround time of feature releases across different markets globally
- Deliver consistent quality and improve coordination with the delivery teams with an agile process
- Improve operational efficiency
Movate Solution: Transforming Salesforce Testing using Tricentis Tosca Platform
Movate analyzed the client’s existing testing and quality engineering environment and recommended them to leverage Tricentis Tosca, the leading continuous testing platform, to modernize their testing processes. Movate conducted a feasibility study and POC of automation capabilities for features/platform testing.
Tricentis Tosca was selected to help the client test and detect impacts to their core end-to-end business transactions across various Salesforce products – Commerce, Community, Marketing, and Core, and certify integrations with legacy internal and external systems. With Tricentis Tosca’s strong platform capabilities and Movate’s domain knowledge and deep understanding of the client’s system environment, the client was able to transform their Salesforce testing.
Scope of Services
Framework design and setup – Installation, configuration, coordination, and consultancy for setting up the environment at client premises
- Continuous Agile Testing – Scalable, agile testing in different environments/ operating systems
- (Windows/ MACOS), mobile platforms (iOS/Android), and browsers (IE/Chrome/Safari) by effective test automation in Tricentis Tosca, test environment maintenance, CI/CD integration, and continuous
- application releases for different global markets
- Reporting and dashboards – Customized intranet dashboard for analysis and reporting of test results to the client’s senior stakeholders
- Global delivery model – Onsite-o‑shore QA model ensuring continuity in work with regular reviews with project stakeholders for continuous improvement
- Support and Maintenance – Movate provided the technical point of contact for Tricentis Tosca for efficient support
- Faster -time-to-market: 60-70% of time savings in early automation attempts during development. Release cycles also improved from 3-4 weeks to weekly cycles
- Productivity Improvement: 20% improvement in team productivity by upgrading functional testers to automation
- Maintenance Optimization: 25% optimization through a common framework, reusable components, and standards
- Test automation kick-off: The client can rapidly create and manage end-to-end automated tests without relying on highly technical resources
- Simplified end-to-end-testing: A single solution to test across Salesforce interfaces – APIs, web, and mobile, and test data management for stable, reliable test automation
- Streamlined test execution: CI/CD execution and results analysis to ensure quality as soon as application features are deployed on various environments