Who are DevOps consultants?
A DevOps consultant is an expert who provides guidance and advice to organizations on adopting and implementing DevOps practices. They help organizations translate the promise of DevOps into tangible business benefits.
Despite being an important component in the adoption of DevOps practices, organizations face numerous challenges while utilizing DevOps consultants, they are:
- Siloed teams: Breaking down communication barriers between developers and operations is crucial.
- Confusing tech: Choosing the right tools and technologies can be overwhelming without expert guidance.
- Training gap: Future for DevOps is bright and full of possibilities. Upskilling teams on innovative DevOps principles and practices is key to smooth adoption.
- ROI measurement: Quantifying the value of DevOps can be tricky, but consultants can help tell the story in numbers.
- Mandatory compliances and security: DevOps makes it critical to observe compliances and ensure that mandatory security frameworks have to be adhered to.
Hence, DevOps consultants need a solid framework to ensure that the above challenges are overcome.
Why and where is a DevOps consultant needed?
DevOps first came into reality back in 2007, when Patrick Debois saw an opportunity to merge development and operations to make operational processes more efficient, secure, and predictable.
A DevOps consultant is required to enhance system stability, implement proactive monitoring, and institute robust incident management, leading to efficient scalability and cost savings. They fine-tune DevOps processes, optimize existing IT setups, and make software development lifecycles more modern in a way that improves operations and lowers costs. Furthermore, DevOps consultants oversee the unification of the development and operations teams, leading organizations to streamline their development and deployment processes and build a culture that drives continuous improvement.
DevOps consultants can be used by companies of every size, from small to medium to large enterprises. They can be engaged to start a new DevOps initiative, recover a troubled project, or provide DevOps tech consulting.
The Future of DevOps Consultants
A LinkedIn report has predicted that there will be strong and consistent demand for DevOps professionals. Microservices architecture is a new method for the construction of software for easier development and deployment. Automation and CI/CD are two important DevOps practices that help organizations keep up with the constant changes in technology without being exhausted by manual tasks. AI/ML is being used to automate repetitive tasks, optimize resource allocation, and improve quality assurance. For organizations, Kubernetes and DevOps integration is becoming more convenient to deploy. Low-code application rules will help enterprises automate their business processes, accelerating delivery speed simultaneously.
DevOps consultants help organizations overcome common challenges in DevOps adoption, such as lack of collaboration and communication, tool and technology selection, and measuring and demonstrating ROI. Here are some of the other benefits they bring:
- Cost savings: They can be cheaper than hiring an in-house DevOps team, as businesses don’t need to worry about hiring and training.
- Improved efficiency and productivity: By re-engineering the development and deployment process, DevOps consultants can help organizations improve efficiency and productivity.
- Customized solutions: DevOps consultants provide customized solutions that meet specific business objectives, minimizing confusion and unnecessary time wastage.
- Expertise and experience: DevOps consultants have extensive experience and skills to help organizations improve their scalability, efficiency, and resilience.
- Measurable outcomes: DevOps consultants facilitate measurable outcomes and demonstrate return on investment (ROI) of DevOps initiatives.
- With the right team, drive faster delivery and ensure business agility.
These benefits far outweigh any challenges, making DevOps consultants a critical aspect of any team.
By offering tailored services to help businesses achieve their specific objectives, DevOps consultants can make organizations leaner and more effective in the marketplace. They can help organizations secure sustainable business results, create enduring value for the enterprise in the long term and build products incorporating scalability, usable interfaces (UIs), security protection features and performances to satisfy a variety of needs.
Think about comprehensive DevOps services for switching toward a continuous delivery model at the speed of business—and unified approach to CX transformation and software delivery. A team of efficient DevOps consultants can create a robust organization, where efficiency and scalability are key parameters. Partnering with the right service provider can help in creating a team for DevOps transformation. Benefit from swift time-to-market, high productivity and swifter functionality, stable and secure operations, and early identification of defects. Click here to schedule a DevOps maturity assessment.