Powering CX with efficient and always-on IT infrastructure
- Global IT helpdesk for L2 support
- IT applications and support for external facing Infra: stores, supply chain, POS, FRS (Finance Retail Service), corporate systems
- Cloud & compute: Maintenance services for cloud & compute systems, application & database servers
- Self-heal framework to identify and pre-empt critical failures in the web applications
- Autobots for cognitive FAQs, agent enablement, account management & efficient shift handover
- GREASE: Guest reliability engineering automation search engine to identify and restore server and device incidents
- AI-driven automated IT management powered by Movate Contelli
The client wanted their customers to have a standard, holistic customer experience across their stores. Having started as brick-and-mortar stores, the client found it tough to continue operations within a traditional/digital model. Running a multi-brand store involves the tight coordination of many functions like inventory, pricing, billing, POS, returns, and customer support. The client also runs various back-end application software that controls various aspects of store operations.
With newer customers pouring in and out of their 1800 stores, the client wanted to stabilize, streamline, and provide a consistent, personalized store experience for all their customers across every interaction. They also wanted to digitize most of their transactions for a frictionless customer experience.
The team from Movate did an initial requirement gathering, and arrived at the following scope:
- L2 helpdesk support
- iSoC services
Provide global L2 IT helpdesk support
Provide infra, IT applications support for:
- Legacy POS systems with endpoint security across all stores.
- For FRS (finance retail service), corporate systems (HR, Finance, Properties, Asset Protection, SAP, Enterprise Content and Collaboration).
- Monitor 3GB + logs from stores and their IT Infra towards cybercrime.
- Continuous containment of threats in a fast-paced business scenario of retail transactions within a sea of PII information.
We assembled a team of 111 agents to provide L2 Helpdesk service and support for all applications run by the client across all their 1800 stores and 40 distribution centers. These include servicing tickets for servers, services, applications, and devices, along with IT application support across stores, distribution centers (DCs) and Head Office (HO). Our scope covered six domains (stores, POS, connectivity, cloud & compute, SCM & corporate systems). We opted to go with our Retail specific offering which covered operations like E-Commerce management, store management, distribution, and IT Operations management powered through a digital layer.
Support tickets were raised either through a web interface or through calls. Agents accessed the ticket, processed it, closed it after a complete resolution from the customer within the agreed SLAs. Intelligence derived from these cases gets sent to a knowledge base. This KB served as a central repository of articles to deflect cases and produce faster ticket resolutions. Analytics helped in managing ticket volumes and informed floor managers about queues and scenarios where more agents are needed. This visibility helps quell large support volumes, which can swell over weekends or holidays. L2 support was delivered from our Global Delivery center in India. The medium of support was English, and we support the client during client business hours – Monday to Thursday from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM Central Time and Friday from 2:00 PM to Sunday 10:30 PM Central Time.
We provided retail-specific hardening along with endpoint security for vendors across 8000+ stores. With iSoC, we provided them a web application firewall, network, and Firewall Management for instant recognition of genuine or malicious traffic from any store in US. There was direct containment and cooperation from the stores to neutralize and disable active threats.
Powering innovative store experiences through an efficient, always-on IT landscape
To provide tangible customer experiences, the client needed an efficient and always-on IT landscape. We leveraged Movate Contelli – our AI-driven IT management solution, to provide a stable operating environment. Contelli simplifies IT infrastructure complexity through digital technologies and helps organizations to focus on their core business operations.
We support client operations across the following:
We support the front-end (sales floor) and back-end (back room) of the stores in terms of inventory management, fulfillment, reverse logistics, replenishment, presentation, pricing, hardware like price checkers, and processes. We provide support services for hardware devices like printers, and networks.
This domain constitutes two areas, POS (point of sale) and FRS (financial and retail) and each function as below:
Point of Sale(POS): POS and self-checkout deliver fast, reliable, secure, and compliant checkout /returns at 53,000 registers across all stores. We provide application support for the devices.
Financial and Retail services (FRS): Strengthens guest’s loyalty, sales, and profitability by providing exceptional enterprise services and payment solutions. FRS delivers innovative payment solutions and keeps target staff, guest, and company information secure.
We ensure connectivity between their data centers, Internet services/partners, cloud services, stores, distribution centers, in-store connectivity (for Guests and Team Members) and team members.
Cloud & Compute
We provide maintenance services for their servers, database servers of stores covering 5 platforms like Windows, Unix, Oracle, SQL, and Tools.
Supply chain management
We support IT systems that manage the flow of goods and services, which involves the movement and storage of all the products.
Corporate systems are a portfolio under the client’s technology framework that plans, designs, delivers and supports products within the client’s application ecosystem. We provide application support for their HR, Finance, SAP modules.
- Moved the client from an 8/5 limited decentralized legacy PoS system across US
- Active threat monitoring and containment through iSoC for real-time threat visibility and mitigation
- 85% Case Resolution Rate due enhanced feedback and knowledge-centric processes
- 5X faster operational efficiencies due to strict SLA adherence and process optimizations
- Call abandon rate < 5% (target < 8%) due to improved call handling and agent responsiveness leading to better customer engagements
- 95% utilization of critical security tools across all stores/ centralized correlation & active detection & response to real threats continuously (ex: rogue USB connection by a customer, or suspicious Wi-Fi connection in stores)
- 25% Reduction in TCO, giving the client more revenue for strategic operations
Movate, formerly CSS Corp, is a digital technology and customer experience services company committed to disrupting the industry with boundless agility, human-centered innovation, and a relentless focus on driving client outcomes. Recognized as one of the most awarded and analyst-accredited companies in its revenue range, Movate helps ambitious, growth-oriented companies across industries stay ahead of the curve by leveraging its world-class talent of over 11,700+ full-time Movators across 20 global locations and a gig network of thousands of technology experts across 60 countries, speaking over 100 languages.
For more information, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.csscorp.com.