Test environment automation for a US-based personal care organization
About the Client
An American direct sales cosmetics and personal care products company with global wholesale sales over $4 billion.
The Client Challenge
The client had a legacy infrastructure with applications working in silos. Their heterogenous computing environment had dependencies between many different platforms, technologies and tools such as Sitecore CMS, REST API, Layer 7 API Management, SAM Workspace. By late 2018, the client had made a conscious decision of moving some of their legacy applications to Salesforce Cloud in a phased manner to leverage the CRM and provide better CX.
Movate enabled an execution environment including C# and External API with the help of qTest to drive automation testing processes and procedures for Data integration and testing. The other solution used the Tricentis TOSCA for automation of the UI based Salesforce applications. We streamlined the releases and institutionalized a combination of testing practices through the offerings and methods as below:
- Customized Automation Testing Framework for Data integration and comparison
- Automation of Application Test Cases & Scenarios using Tricentis TOSCA for UI driven automation
- As a part of Salesforce testing, we engaged in testing and supporting the applications from different Community, Core Cloud, Data Integration, Marketing and Commerce Clouds
- Performed cross cloud test scenarios through E2E testing scenarios which flows via different set of applications like CORE, Commerce, OMS and Email notification covering the different sales force cloud applications.
- Provide Salesforce Commerce Cloud development based on different markets releases
- Created time savings of 60% through the automation of smoke tests and other functional regression tests for Data Integration and other Cross Cloud application
- Improvements in Testing Efficiencies
- Reusability of automation scripts for different environments improved testing efficiencies enabling seamless coordination between onshore and offshore teams
Movate, formerly CSS Corp, is a digital technology and customer experience services company committed to disrupting the industry with boundless agility, human-centered innovation, and a relentless focus on driving client outcomes. Recognized as one of the most awarded and analyst-accredited companies in its revenue range, Movate helps ambitious, growth-oriented companies across industries stay ahead of the curve by leveraging its world-class talent of over 11,700+ full-time Movators across 20 global locations and a gig network of thousands of technology experts across 60 countries, speaking over 100 languages.